Enjoy a glimpse into the razzle dazzle of my life in Baton Rouge, Louisiana...
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Still no power
My friend is one of the luckiest people I know. Her house and yard were untouched and she regained power this evening. After four sleepless nights, I am staying at her house tonight. The town is a mess....no power anywhere. I am trying to find a way to work but it is nearly impossible because there is no gas anywhere. I waited in line for FEMA stuff today and never got anything. I just hopes things can get better. I am wiped out. However, I am very thankful for the things I do have. My apartment, car and cat are safe and all of my friends down here only had house damage. So I am blessed, just really tired. If you have tried to call my phone, you have probably not been able to get through. Having lots of problems with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
SO GLAD to hear that you are o.k. despite the inconveniences that this has placed on all. Let's hope that power will be back on line soon! Love ya, Carol
Thanks for the update. If at all possible, try to use this time to rest. It sounds like you will be doubly busy once things get moving again down there.
Ali
Here is an important article that all of us concerned for Alyssa should read: http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=2&aid=150002
Enjoy the a/c while you can. I hope she had an ice cold diet coke for you!!!
Post a Comment